From Rory (this is a disappointment to all. Don’t kill the messenger):
The township of Abington has decided to have a park monitor during all hours of operation at Pat Kerr skate park in Roslyn. In their infinite wisdom, they failed to hire these park monitors prior to the opening of the skate park. The result is that the skate park is not open 9 a.m. to dusk, seven days a week as posted. Instead, the park is sometimes closed sometimes open but not for more than 5 hours/day.
Hopefully this is a temporary situation and in the near future the park’s operating hours might cater not only to the kids on summer vacation but also people, like myself, who work Monday-Friday from 9 – 5. I know that many have driven to Roslyn only to find the park closed for no apparent reason. In an attempt to save some people the trip, below are the hours of operation for August that I recently found posted on the gate of the park.
- –Monday the 10th, 17th, and 24th — 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- –Tuesday the 11th and 18th — 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- –Wednesday the 12th and 19th — 11 a.m. — 4 p.m.
- –Thursday the 13th, 20th, and 27th — 10 a.m. — ? p.m.
- –Friday the 14th and 21st — 11 a.m. — 4 p.m.
- –Saturday the 15th and 22nd — 11 a.m. — 4 p.m.
*There are no times listed for Sunday in the month of August.
*There are no times listed for Friday the 7th — Sunday the 9th